Auld Lang #Sewingsanta & so long 2014




You guys? Despite the massive tailing off of actual sewing that happened around here since early summer, this past year was pretty good to me creatively, and the incredibly friendly and welcoming internet (leading to in-person!) sewing community was no small part of that. So it feels particularly apt to make my final post of 2014 a massive THANK YOU to the lovely Rachel of Is it fitting? who was my very kind and generous Santa in Lisa's sewing present exchange.

The navy and white striped jersey is right up my street, and I've already earmarked it for a nursing friendly dress based on these by Jojo Maman Bebe using this helpful hack of Tilly's Coco dress. The buttons are adorable, and perfect for any number of garments for baby that I've got in mind (hellooooooo, mingo & grace!) and the sweet button tin is already full with additional buttons for tiny garments that I've been collecting. And every busy (ahem) seamstress (and, I suppose, mother) needs a fine hand cream to keep her going, so thank you, Rachel, for such a thoughtful parcel - I love it!

Looking back over the things I've made this year, I feel pretty proud of myself. I actually accomplished quite a bit there in a relatively short time, with figuring out some tricky fabrics and fitting issues. I still love all the things I made, and am very much looking forward to (eventually!) getting back into them. But with new motherhood impending, I'm being kind to myself and not setting any actual sewing goals for 2015 - we'll just see how things go with adapting to this major life change, shall we? However, I rather expect cute baby gear will definitely feature, because I simply cannot help myself. I also hope there will be a return to grown up sewing once my body shape stabilises a little bit & I've started to get my head round my new schedule and needs, because once you've figured out you can make much more beautiful, higher quality, and flattering clothing for yourself than the high street will offer, it seems to me that there's no going back.

And with that, it's time to bid a year that was so creatively rich farewell, and welcome in one full of currently unimaginable adventures. Ring out, ring in! May 2015 bring us no small amount of light, love and joy, friends. May all our new years sparkle.

4 comments:

  1. Love that fabric! Thanks for taking part...waiting for bump 2 to land here so my blog my also go into hibernation for a while! Tomorrow is supposedly D-Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good luck! Hope your little one doesn't keep you waiting too long!

      Delete
  2. Happy 2015 to you, lady! All the best to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And a splendid 2015 to you as well!

      Delete

 

Who, me?

Who, me?
Hi, I'm Ellebougies. I'm brand new to this sewing lark, but boy am I ENTHUSIASTIC. I also enjoy knitting things. One day I'll stop whinging about the weather.

Work in progress

Work in progress

Pinteresting